Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Good Things

As I sat yesterday, staring in disbelief at the tragic story unfolding yesterday, I was thankful that my little man was still too young to understand what had happened. For some reason, all I could think was whomever was responsible couldn't have been a parent. Because no one would want that to happen to their child.

And then, as I scrolled through my Twitter feed looking for information and trying to not let him see how emotional I was, someone's tweet caught my eye.

You can walk away from it. You don't have to watch.

And I did. I went outside with my little guy, and played in back yard. We ran through the hallway, laughing and giggling. There were mandarin oranges (his favorite snack), leggos, and blankets that were snuggled.





Then I realized something. The good things, the kind acts, and those moments that touch you are abundant, sometimes small and we don't notice them right away, and far outweigh the bad. When the bad happens, we have a choice. Focus on the good, every moment, and every person.

And I did, and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment