Thursday, May 4, 2017

Dreaming Of Disney

I sit here in the pouring rain, waiting patiently for my kindergartner to get dropped off at the bus stop, and try to desperately not let the pouring rain damper my already dampened mood. The road construction through our development has made the drop off wait anywhere from 15 to 60 longer than usual.  And while I can't wait to have a new street with less off road flare, it's caused havoc on our routine. (And our bus driver is kinda awesome, which meant the times I mention picking up my lil dude usually ends up with tearful pleas not too do so.)

This leads to me a few things I made myself finally realize.

I'm DONE.

As in, done waiting for the right time, things to "be in place" so that I can get my dreams and goals achieved. I plan, daydream, but then I let the world overtake me. You know what I mean. Push the things that make me happy, challenge me, and generally are mine to the back burner so that I can mom, wife, work. It's ridiculous. 

WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES??

This past fall, I started walking everyday after my son jumped on the bus in the morning, pushing my youngest who was two in his stroller. I met a fellow mom whose daughter was in his class just down the street from us, and we walked. She was my catalyst, calling me put for trying to beg off on rainy or cold days. I learned to suck it up, buttercup! This turned into counting steps (thanks, Samsung Health!), and made me really feel energized.

But here's the kicker. I spend way too much time on my phone (Facebook especially!!), or watching tv.

There were days, though that I rarely turn on the tv, which ended up being my happiest! Putting the phone down actually let me accomplish laundry AND yoga!!

So, that's the deal. I'm DONE. I know I need my phone for my fitness tracker, etsy selling, email for my at home job, but I'm going to set up times just for checking in. And stick to them.

And blog more! My endless Disney tips, frugal mommy tips, and hot mess madness.  I ran my first 5k this past weekend!!!

This summer, my five year old and I are running Run Disney Virtual 5k shorts, and I've convinced the husband if we can sell our second mortgage house that maybe, just maybe, we will run the castles soon. Grandpa's already convinced.

So, here's to Disney Dreaming. And making your own Pixie Dust!!

No comments:

Post a Comment