Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Frugal Mommy Tip: Off Season Savings

Frugal doesn't mean cheap. It means your smart. One of my favorite tips for a stay at home mommy to be a money saving, frugal, SMART mommy is to buy off season.

For example, the two weeks after holidays such as Christmas, Halloween, even Valentine's Day are real bargain hunting extravaganzas.

Just last week, as I was checking off the everyday items from my grocery list, I spotted the final markdowns of random Christmas baking novelty mixes. Marshmallow rice crispy tree kits ($4.50 now $.25!!), ugly sweater sugar cookie kits ($3.99 now $.50), ninja gingerbread men cookie kit ($3.99 now $.50), and red velvet cake ball kit ($3.99 now $.50). So, for $4.25, I now have two red velvet cake mixes, two cookie kits, and five bags of rice crispy cereal/marshmallows, plus white chocolate wafers, red and green candy wafers, and two ziplocs full of decorating items.

Red velvet will be perfect for Valentine's Day, especially considering the ugly sweater sugar cookies came with heart sprinkles. And, the rice crispy cereal will become treats, or breakfast and cups of marshmallow filled cups of cocoa!



Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment