Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pancake Muffins for My Picky Eater!!

My little man is a picky eater. As in meal times are stressful, because you just never know what will happen. Will he eat it, or throw it? Or will it just be a grunt and a head shake? When my husband and I find something he will eat, we make it until we fear he will turn on it.

Breakfast used to be easy...scrambled or hardboiled eggs and turkey bacon (the only meat he will eat that isn't on a pizza!!). But not lately.

So, when I saw pancake muffins on the Today Show, I hesitantly checked my pantry. Pancake mix? Check, and it was a healthy artisan oatmeal mix! Plus, I had coconut oil to use (both in the mix and to grease the muffin pan!), frozen blueberries (which my father-in-law graciously bought a huge bag of that seems to never end and make a blueberry stained toddler mess!), and chocolate chips!

The challenge was on.

Really simple:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease muffin pan (I used coconut oil because it has higher heat tolerance with a bit of sweetness)

Pancake batter (any kind!)



Scoop using an ice cream scoop into muffin pan. Top with blueberries or whatever you'd like in your pancakes!

Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Voila!! Makes 6-10, depending on how much batter you make.



I thought we might have a few left to freeze for another morning, but they quickly disappeared.

Success!!! If only lunch were as easy...

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment