Monday, June 25, 2012

Reinventing the Wheel?

When I started this blog, I was full of that indescribable feeling of new beginnings.  I somehow thought I would rock this mom role in a way that no other person had.  Or at least, unlike the moms I knew.  Granted, they are all wonderful, sometimes crazy, always loving, amazing women.  But, it worried me endlessly the things that would come out of their mouths while I was pregnant.
It was almost as if they wanted me dread the upcoming event that, really, I was so happy about.  (I didn't get overly moody or grumpy.  In fact, almost everyone who knew me said I was the happiest pregnant woman they had ever met.  And if you knew me, this would crack you up.  Not that I'm not happy...I am.  I laugh, joke...but I have a tendency to be very blunt at times.)
On to today.  My lil dude is going to be nine months old in a few days, and I'm amazed how much my life and perspective had changed.
The biggest lesson I've learned is that not everyone is the same.  Those afore mentioned mommies and their stories of husbands sucking it up because this is my body now, taking showers (OY!), and just absolute terror actually prepared me to just go with the flow.
Every month, just when I think I get things under control, it changes.  The good thing?  I love change.  With a splash of consistency. 
This month, I finally have lil dude sleeping totally on his own (at first, he would only fall asleep on me, which I loved but realised started to cramp my style after about five months) AND I'm using that time effectively for ME!
So, while I haven't totally reinvented the wheel, I've painted it different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment