Saturday, January 20, 2018

Disney Mojo And The Mother Runner

There's this strange phenomena that happens whenever my family visits Walt Disney World. I have great hair, my make up is on point, I'm organized, and no pain whatsoever from running or normal everyday activity.

I'm not sure why this happens. There's no logical explanation.

Less than one month home, and I'm a hot mess mom once again. Between calamity days, yelling at my little ones (not really yelling, but pretty close) to get up so we don't miss the bus, needing to get out and run (but it's been frigidly cold), dishes, laundry, and various other insanity, my Disney Mojo is gone.

My hair is in desperate need of attention, I haven't put make up on in almost a week, and the cutest of my yoga and Victoria Sport pants have been replaced by warmer not so attractive outerwear.

BECAUSE OF THE FRIGID WEATHER.

At least, that's part of what I'm blaming. Trying to get out for a run has been near impossible, not only because of the cold and my neighborhood's refusal to shovel the sidewalks (street running freaks me out!), but my youngest dislikes the cold air so much that he will literally yell at the top of his lungs until we head back home. (Seriously, he would suck it up, but it has been close to zero since we've returned home.)

I'm on a mission to get it all back, if only glimpses here and there until the world outside thaws.


Or until I can head back to the castle. Or Spaceship Earth. Maybe Madame Leota can help me out.

But, for real, I think there's something about being somewhere and remembering how easy the good days can be.

In that line of thinking, I'm adding a few new things to my itinerary. Keeping in mind that I'm in no way an expert at all things Mouse, Running, and definitely Motherhood, I thought I'd share thoughts, tidbits, or other fun things I've found in hopes that the magic (or, more importantly, my booty!) will get in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment