Sunday, January 21, 2018

5 Things $15 Or Under: Mother Runners!

During a recent convo, I brought up the fact that I won't pay for something I could easily find out on my own. It was Disney related, and really, there are so many resources that people just don't think of using that are FREE. I just don't see spending money that we could use for fun (or, let's face it, necessities) and said so.

One of the responses was that thete really wasn't anything fun in Disney for $15!!

WHAT???

Enter my newest list...5 Things $15 Or Under weekly posts.

And, for the inaugural post, my mommy virtual vacation time obsession. Running. Or things you'll love, mother runner or girl runner (or any runner!!).

1.) Cold Weather Headband ( $ 12.99 Kohl's)



I bought this one for my first half marathon from Kohl's, for less than $10. (And I probably stacked a 30% off with a dollar off offer, cause that's how I roll at Kohl's!)

It keeps ears warm without overheating the rest of me, lets me rock the messy bun, high ponytail, or running braid, and is easy to slide off yet small enough to stuff somewhere if needed.

2.) Lacrosse ball ($2.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods)

This is a life saver for me! I discovered the love/hate relationship of a foam roller this past year. Running revealed every flaw working 15 plus years on retail on marble floors wearing heels had done to my body. Add to that two lil dudes and a weak ligament in my ankle which makes some days harder than others. But, upon further research and convos with my PT, I discovered the unending insanity my pirifomus muscle was inflicting on me.

This little ball saves me hours of limping, and gives my husband plenty of laughs as I roll up against the wall. Plus, it's great for taking care of my feet, rolling right along.



3.) Travel Roller ($4.99 Dick's Sporting Goods)

My biggest issue with our recent Disney trip was the fear that without my beloved foam roller, my body would literally shut down and all the progress I had made in the last year would be put on pause. I roll at least every other day, on top of yoga, and can't imagine how my body would feel without it.

It's not ideal, or something I would use long term, but given the fact that our packing would have absolutely no room for my big ol roller, it worked, and better than I ever imagined. Especially on tight hamstrings after hours of walking and chasing after a three year old! And, it's portable size let's me throw it in my race bag for a quick foot roll or other areas post or pre race if needed.



4.) Dr. Scholl's Active Series BlisterDefense Anti-Friction Stick ( $8.19 Walmart)

I use it on my toes, heel, back of my ankle, and my side to prevent rubbing and chafing. The worse thing is getting a new running shirt, only to have the seam rub the side of you for 45 minutes or more During a training run, or a race because you didn't get a test run in while wearing it!



5.) Yoga socks (various prices and places! Mine are Calia by Carrie from Dick's Sporting Goods $8.99)

Yoga is essential not only for stating healthy while running, but for insanity that is being a mom. We tend to not put ourselves first and our body *and minds* suffer for it. I'm usually a barefoot yoga girl, but during the winter months I like a yoga sock.

Sometimes I don't have time to bust out my mat and get centered, so on go my yoga socks for a quick ten minute session.




See you next week with another 5 for $15 or less! Happy running!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment