Monday, July 27, 2015

It's OK. Seriously.

It's ok.

You don't have to get everything done. The dishes can wait. The laundry will always be there. Seriously, it is neverending. So, don't worry about getting everything cleaned up, every single day. Because it will still be there.

But the snuggles, the giggles, the tickle wars? Those won't.

This summer, so far, has been a huge battle for my family. Two mortgages, a job that has been an almost seven day a week sometimes twelve hour day for daddy, an almost three thousand dollar assessment for our now empty second mortgage property that was housing my very ill mother-in-law (owner occupies clause that was added after we owned the property), emergency triple bypass surgery for said mother-in-law, plus the general insanity of life has all taken a toll on the condition of our home.

The floors, the dishes, laundry room, toys...it is seriously is just a complete hot mess.

But, I've learned something very important. It doesn't matter.

The giggles, smiles, trips to the zoo, playing with the hose outside...reading books.

That's what matters. Even when I have to hide my phone from my YouTube loving three year old.

So, tomorrow I will try to get to a few things. But for now, it is ok.

Seriously.



posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment