Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What To Expect...

Once I heard the baby's heartbeat, I realized this was actually happening. I'm going to be a mom. This was what I wanted, right? To have a little person who was part my husband and part me. A family to have those noisy Christmas mornings, to love and hug. This was going to be awesome.
Somewhere around seven months, I realized something else. I was going to have to deliver this baby. Holy smoly, Batman. I kept trying to block it out, but, somewhere along the line in some form or another, this was going to be a reality.
Enter the birthing class. The funny thing about walking into a room full of expecting couples is that you suddenly see you aren't the only one who truly has no idea what is going to happen. And, oh how many ways it can happen.
To be honest, I don't get people who decide to not take a birthing class. If nothing else, I received the best massage from my baby daddy (that term makes me giggle, so I have to use it) during the relaxation technique portion. And on the other hand, I heard the pros and cons.
The really crazy part was taking all that knowledge back to work (remember there were FOUR of us expecting all within 4 months or so...) and freaking out with each other. About the pain. How we were going to try not to kill our husbands for doing what they did (ha!). The pain. What to pack...what to wear. The pain.
The waiting wasn't the worst part. It was talking about it. And that was also the best part. Because we all realized we weren't alone.
But I would be going first into the great unknown...
So the rule? You aren't alone. And it's fun to torture your fellow expecting ladies with your story after it's all said and done. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment