Friday, July 8, 2011

What Rules?

As a soon to be mom (gee, it still looks surreal when I see that word applied to me!!!), the one thing that always seemed to get under my skin is the "you'll never be able to (insert past time, vacation destination, power nap, etc here)."


Seriously?


I get it. Truly. Things will change. And I've waited until I knew I was ready (I should say we, because after all, this whole undertaking is a partnership. And I adore the husband.). After all, I've seen friends go through this, and heaven knows, I've watched the poor moms dealing with screaming children who just don't get why they have to be out and about when they'd rather be sleeping, playing, eating, crawling.


But who wrote these rules, and why do we feel like we have to follow them?


Hence, this blog. At least for me. What better way to make my own rules and work them through them?


But, there is the fear that someone out there may feel the need to tell me what I'm doing is wrong or that I don't get it. So, please realize that all the blubbering and craziness may just be a snap shot and take it for what it is.


Rule #1...Take it for what it is. If you can change it, great. If not, eh. Take it for what it is and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment